The Standard of Excellence Comprehensive Band Method Books 1 & 2 combine a strong performance-centered approach with music theory, music history, ear training, listening, composition, improvisation, and interdisciplinary and multicultural studies. The result is the most complete band method available anywhere.
• Full color drawings and color-coding of important text and music motivate and inform.
• Three starting systems help ensure positive results in any beginning situation.
• FOR ... ONLY exercises (i.e. FOR FLUTES ONLY) offer idiomatic solutions to the unique challenges of each instrument.
• Excellorators (advanced supplemental exercises) reinforce and enrich performance basics.
• A nine page FOR OBOES ONLY starting system gives beginners a solid foundation for learning in the full band setting.
• Expanded French Horn and Percussion books, including a separate book for Timpani & Auxiliary Percussion, address the unique needs of beginners on these instruments.
• A comprehensive, totally-correlated Electric Bass book offers expanded opportunities for student involvement.
• Music from over 20 countries, with correlated enrichments, encourages multicultural study.
• Achievement Lines and GO FOR EXCELLENCE! test lines ensure objective assessment of students' accomplishments.
• A built-in reward system motivates students and encourages musical growth.
|Country of Origin|