Made in partnership with the Gibson Custom Shop, this Inspired by Gibson™ model is Epiphone’s impressive recreation of one of the most important and popular guitar designs of all time. The Epiphone 1961 Les Paul™ SG™ Standard pays tribute to the legendary original - the very first SG. In 1961, the original shape of the Les Paul model went on hiatus, replaced by an all-new design that is known today as the SG or “solid guitar.” Featuring a two-piece solid mahogany, double-cutaway body with Custom Shop Historic bevels, it also has the one-piece mahogany, fast-playing SlimTaper™ C-shaped neck profile of those legendary early Les Paul SG models. It also has a historically inspired long pickguard and comes equipped with a pair of Gibson™ BurstBucker™ humbucking pickups wired to CTS® potentiometers and Mallory™ capacitors, a Graph Tech® nut, and Switchcraft® output jack and toggle switch. The Epiphone Deluxe tuners feature a historically inspired double ring design. Of course, all of the legendary SG styling and cosmetic touches are here too, and a vintage-style hardshell case is also included.
- Body Shape: SG
- Body Material: 2 Piece Solid Mahogany
- Binding: Single Ply Cream, Fretboard
- Finish: Aged Gloss
- Material: 1 Piece Mahogany
- Profile: SlimTaper C
- Scale Length: 24.75"
- Fingerboard Material: Indian Laurel
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Number Of Frets: 22
- Frets: Medium Jumbo
- Nut Material: Graph Tech
- Nut Width: 1.693"
- Inlays: Pearloid Trapezoid
- Joint: Glued In, Set Neck
- Finish: Nickel
- Tuner Plating: Nickel
- Bridge: Epiphone LockTone Tune-O-Matic
- Tailpiece: Epiphone LockTone Stop Bar
- Tuning Machines: Epiphone Deluxe, Double Ring
- Pickguard: 5-ply Black, Long SG Style
- TrussRod: 2-way Adjustable
- Truss Rod Cover: "Bell Shaped" 2-ply (Black/White), 3-hole; "LES PAUL"
- Control Knobs: Black Top Hats with Inserts
- Switch Tip: Cream
- Switchwasher: Black - Rhythm/Treble : Gold Hot Stamp
- Control Covers: Black with Silver Epiphone / Gibson Custom Hot Stamp
- Strap Buttons: 2 - Bottom and Below Heel
- Mounting Rings: Black
- Pickup Covers: Nickel
- Neck Pickup: Gibson BurstBucker 2
- Bridge Pickup: Gibson BurstBucker 3
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone, CTS potentiometers, Mallory Capacitors
- Pickup Selector: 3-Way Switchcraft Toggle
- Output Jack: 1/4" Switchcraft
- Strings Gauge: .010, .013, .017, .026, .036, .046
- Case: Vintage Style Hardshell Case Included
- Weight: 6 lbs 8oz